Going to the dentist can cause some patients to freak out. Some take their anxiety to an entirely different and very unhealthy level. Surprisingly, most patients who suffer from some kind of dental phobia would much rather endure the overwhelming pain of a toothache than step foot in a dentist’s office. Don’t do this. Dental fear is no laughing matter, and if you suffer from any type of anxiety we want you to know you’re in good hands. Our sedation dentistry treatment is extremely helpful if you’re nervous about a dental procedure. The team at 21st Century Dental Med Spa & Sleep Center in Irving, TX wants your appointment to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Our team is here to help any way they can so you can spend less time in our office and more time showing off your smile. For the best sedation dentist, Irving has a place to call home: 21st Century Dental Med Spa & Sleep Center.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
What is sedation dentistry? Basically, it uses medication to help patients relax during dental procedures. There are certain levels of sedation that are applied which include:
- Minimal sedation – a patient is awake but relaxed.
- Moderate sedation – possible slurring of words when speaking.
- Deep sedation – on the edge of consciousness but can still be awoken.
- General anesthesia – out like a light.
Though typically reserved for patients with legitimate dental anxiety, sedation dentistry may also be appropriate for people who:
- Have a low pain threshold
- Can’t sit still in a dentist’s chair
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Have a bad gag reflex
- Need a large amount of dental work completed
What Are The Benefits?
Sedation dentistry has grown popular for the past few years due to the numerous benefits it offers. For some people who are suffering from phobia, this is their only option in order to undergo dental procedures and have an improved dental health.
- Overcome fear and anxiety – patients will feel more relaxed and free from stress as your procedure is performed.
- No pain – patients shall have an increased pain threshold with little or no anesthesia at all.
- Longer procedure, less appointments – patients will be able to endure longer dental procedures without discomfort.
- Save your money – Less procedures mean more money in your pocket.
Schedule an Appointment
For the best sedation dentistry, Irving residents can turn to the experts at 21st Century Dental to help them with their dental phobia. Make an appointment today at our Irving, TX office. We happily serve the surrounding cities of Farmers Branch, Dallas, Grapevine, Coppell and beyond.